Posted to uk.d-i-y
gort gort is offline

Default Adding shower circuit

Can this be installed alongside the existing CU to provide for the
shower circuit? If so how are the connections made to "piggy back" it?
The cable to the 9.5kw shower (which is only about two metres from the
CU) is 10mm stuff but this is a 63A unit, so surely it needs some
further protection in the form of an MCB?

I think it's time to call out an electrician, but I'd like to know
what's what before I do.

Normally the meter tails are split via a henley block, rather like a large
junction box.One set goes to the existing cu and the others go to the
shower cu. You really need a RCD & MCB combined enclosure, virtually a 2
way cu as you suspect.

Dave

This is the Screwfix block

THis the Screwfix shower enclosure