Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Air conditioner: 13,200 btu not cooling 500 sq ft.

In article ,
Ed Wicks wrote:

When compressor is on, air coming out of unit is 64 degrees. When
compressor is not running, air coming out of unit is 82 degrees.

I agree with the OP: The unit is not getting sufficient ventilation. You
should install a air-exchange ventilator in the space occupied by the outside
portion of the unit.

Also, you should CLOSE the fresh air intake on the unit. With that open, it
is constantly circulating - and trying to cool - heated outside air. With the
vent CLOSED, the unit only has to cool ALREADY COOLED inside air.

In the meantime, I would avoid running the unit. If, as the OP suggested, the
condenser is over heating and shutting down, it may not have many more cycles
like that before something serious - and expensive - dies.
--

JR