Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin Jim McLaughlin is offline

Default Going crazy over asbestos

Fruitcake.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"uz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yup its the same crazy person. My paranoia seems to be growing out of
proportion every minute. Since we had our kitchen done too and part of
the outside stucco was demolished (kitchen was expanded). Appearantly
that stucco contained less than 1% asbestos, but that dust was all over
our backyard and I still see cement dust stuck in our rain gutter, now
I'm paranoid that I have to get that cleaned up too. Everytime my
gardener comes over he uses his blower to blow leaves I see that dust
blowing all over and become more paranoid. I've read about obsessive
compulsive disorder and obsession with asbestos, I think that's what's
happening with me.

btw ext, thanks for your reassurance
EXT wrote:
Is this the same person that was terrified of asbestos a few months ago?

It
is all in your head, asbestos is blown out of proportion. We all used to
live with asbestos all around us, car breaks spewed asbestos dust into

the
atmosphere everytime they stopped. We played with asbestos as kids. And

we
are all still alive. Asbestos in flooring is relatively contained,

sealed in
the vinyl, after a year your house, if you regularly clean it, will be

as
clean of asbestos as any other in the neighborhood. Cigarette smoke is

more
dangerous. A bigger danger is mould. Worry about it. But realize that

most
moulds, while they may be gross, are not dangerous, only certain ones

are.
So forget all about asbestos, it is over and done.

"uz" wrote in message
oups.com...
We remodelled our bathroom and kitchen over a year ago and I found out
later that the floor contained asbestos which the contractor did not
take any precautions with while tearing it out. We were in the house
with our kids when this was done. When we found out later I panicked
(my husband didn't think there was anything the matter). We got the
carpets HEPA vacuumed and wiped the appearant surfaces. Nothing else
was done and I got fine for a year. Now I've started obsessing about

it
again and want to throw away everything in the house. My husband does
not want to discuss this with me and would even consider separating
from me if I keep on going like this about this situation. My problem
is I don't want to have my kids living in the house knowing that
anything could be contaminated!!!!! What do i do???? someone please
help has anyone dealt with this? I'm totally going crazy