Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Fly Killer

"djbj" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey,

I'm having to leave my window open (For the air conditioner) and as
such loads of small flys/moths come in attracted by the light. I have
been looking into some fly killer devices (the ones with the UV light
and electric grill) but just want some advice. I'm not sure how safe
these devices are to use in the home, as afaik UV light is harmful for
long periods, and i'll be in the room for long periods. If I go ahead
and buy one of these devices what safety precaucations should I take to
ensure the safety of the occupants?

Thanks,
DJBJ

We have a little battery powered one for our caravan, where the windows are
almost always open.

It's excellent for mosquitoes, midges, even crane flies, but I've never seen
a house fly in it. Mind you, we don't get house flies in the caravan.

I suggest a fly paper would be an effective, if unsightly, solution to your
problem.

We don't bother, they all end up dead on the windowsill anyway, along with
other insects I don't see and take outdoors.

Mary