Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Made an evaporative air cooler today...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Nice to see someone else has also found they can work. There seems to
be a fair bit of argument over evap coolers in our damp climate. From
what I've observed, they do work at providing cooling in a small zone
right in front of the fan, and if youre willing to sit next to one this
makes quite a comfort difference on hot days. The requirements for
cooling a building and just providing a local coolspot are different.

They will work ATM as the RH is only about 50%.
Try it tonight when the thunderstorms are about and the RH is 100% and the
results will be different.
They don't work for most of the uncomfortable time in the UK is a more
accurate statement.