Posted to alt.home.repair
steve steve is offline

Default How to remove adhesive from concrete slab?

If you cant or don't want to use the chemicals made for stripping glue
and adhisive off, Go to the wallpaper tools section at Home Depot.
They sell a 4" razor scrapers. Those are the only scrapers that will
work. Get a couple packs of blades since they don't last all that long.
Get the longer handle one which is about 18" long. Every few passes,
turn the scraper over and use the other side of the blade. That will
keep it sharp a little longer. I swear, when I started in floors as a
helper, I scraped thounds of feet in the first couple years.
Hope that helps,
Steve

Jim D wrote:
We bought a house with a carpet on the concrete patio slab. The carpet was
in such bad shape that we had to tear it off the slab, but that left a lot
of ugly adhesive which we would like to remove.

How do we remove that adhesive without damaging the slab?

All help will be very greatly appreciated.

Thank you.