Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Can anyone recommend a decent vacuum cleaner?

On 18 Jul 2006 14:52:03 -0700, "fnord" wrote:

We've been through 4 or 5 vacuum cleaners over the last 6 years.

Wow!

Hoovers, Kenmoores, some other brands as well, with no luck. They last
6 months to a year, and then just crap out.

That doesn't tell us much.

We take them in for
repairs, and they come home still broken. I'm at the end of my rope.

Does anyone have experience with an upright vacuum cleaner that will
actually last 5 years or more?

I find vacuum cleaners of all designs in the trash all the time and
the only problem they have ever had is being clogged with stuff.
Not even disgusting stuff, just the stuff that gets vacuumed up.
After being unclogged, they work fine. This includes several
uprights.

This year I'd picked up some tweezers that are heavy duty and about a
foot long. I didn't know what I would use them for but they were
cheap. Turned out to be great for pulling stuff out of vacuum
cleaners. But could have done it without them also, like before.

thanks,
fnord