James Hart

Default Joining co-axial cable outdoors

mike ring wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote in
:

I had fox damage ;-) to my TV cable,

Flying foxes?

and I jointed it with normal Belling
Lee connectors then used glue shrink wrap followed by self
amalgamating tape. It worked fine, and has for several years, but
then I'm in a strong signal area and wouldn't notice a slight
attenuation of the level.

Lucky od sod, I used to live in a wet string area, but now I need
something like Goonhilly, but I'm still defeated by cochannel from
across the channel on fine summer evenings

And now ***** Sky is taking away channels 3, 4, and 5 unless I
subscribe, I didn't think that was legal, and freeview piillates and
locks solid, usually in the middle of a recording.

BTW, are the modern boxes any better than my Philips Ondigital? Apart
from the locking up it produces LF audio which is annoying through my
audio system (but inaudible on the telly speakers

The newer boxes are a world apart from the older ondigital ones. I've got
both an old Philips which is now only used for radio and a newer Daewoo,
which is rock solid. The Setpal tuner in the Daewoo can be found in several
others as well, usually around £70 upwards.

--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk/