Gunner

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:11:33 -0800, Koz
wrote:

Sorry. I was taught by my father that calling someone Mr. was a sign of
respect (gawd I hate it when school teachers want the kids to call em by
their first name!). It's the only way I have of trying to show that I
am not one of those "attacking fools" and trying to ask a serious
quesion of your opinion.

Koz

I understand. I dont "feel" G that Im worthy of any more nor any
less respect you would give to another poster here. I have no
illusions about myself, well..few ...I did turn 50 recently and I
think Im just as good with the ladies as I was at 25...but..they are
being kind and humoring an old man.......G

As you notice..you get civil debate from me, as your tone is civil,
you ask honest questions, and its a pleasure discussing issues with
you. Others here...well..

Gunner

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:34:39 -0800, Koz
wrote:

I had to ask Mr Gunner...sorry to those who are sick of off topic stuff.

btw..its simply Gunner. Im just a simple, big old ugly harmless
fuzzball. Not Sir, or Mr. or esquire.

My Dad, and most cops are Sir. The guy that signs my service invoices
is Mr.

Gunner
" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives