Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default no AC

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:53:48 -0400, Tom The Great
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:43:43 -0400, mm
wrote:

I finally turned on my AC this morning and it doesn't seem cold.

Checking the compressor outside, all quiet and nothing is happening.
There is a breaker there so I turn it off.

Then I turn it on and it clicks and the fan barely starts and coasts
to a stop after half a revolution. Turn it off and on and again, it
clicks and coasts to a stop after a half a revolution. No other
sounds.

Any suggestions? The contactor?

I wouldn't ask for help at this stage, but it is so hot out there.

If it was my AC unit, I would check the presures.

I'm guessing, that there is a leak, and your system dropped enough to
cause the low pressure switch prevent the compressor(and whole system)
from operating. Dont' keep 'trying', get a qualified person to check
your system. Use the BBB to find if a contractor has a bad rep.
Kindof tired of hearing customers complaining about getting robbed,
and there were warnings about 'em on the BBB site.

hth, imho,

OK, thanks to you and gfretwell. I'll try to let you know what the
actual problem is.

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com