Posted to alt.home.repair
Simon Simon is offline

Default 6 Water Heater failures in 14 years!

wrote in message
ups.com...

Well or city water? Sounds like something in your water is rotting them
out.

It is City Water -- that's why it is perplexing that my neighbors don't
have such problems. I contacted the city's Water Services Engineering
group and they had no recommendations for me.

Just jumping in here...

What temp is it set at? Maybe you're running it too hot?

Any filters or water softeners before the water heater?

Also, just a poke in the dark, but could a loose wiring connection (not
necessarily at the water heater) cause the unit to pull more amps and
overworking it?