Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sealing older concrete

Well I am a bit of a expert having treated 2 homes and about 10 friends
adopting it too.

NOTE: I said DUMP on spread with broom and let soak in, then reapply a
light coat every couple years! After the heavy coat another heavy coat
will just lay there it cant be absorbed

If you just sprayt on a light coat it isnt enough

The most you will ever see is a SLIGHT darkening of the treated area as
compared to a untreated area.

In a rain treated areas will remain light colored since the water cant
soak in.

Commercial construction recognizes the value of treating concrete.
Locally every new public buildings concrete gets coated, I was told its
a public building code requirement but dont know if thats true.

You cant tell a area has been coated if the entire area has been
treated, it all looks the same. If it rains you can see water bead up
like on a newly waxed car.

Not all treatments are the same I stick with thompsons.

Its not a paint it absorbs!