Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bill Bill is offline

Default Central A/C - leave running or use set-back thermometer?

With myself, if it is going to be a very hot day, I'll leave my A/C on all
day. If a mild day, then I'll leave it off.

On mild days, I can come home and turn on the A/C and it will cool down the
house in not too much time. On really hot days, the A/C takes forever to
cool down the house.

Or depending on if I will be away all day and not return until 10:00 PM,
then I will leave it off. Then when I get home, I can open the doors/windows
and cool the house down quickly.