Gunner

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:03:10 -0800, Koz
wrote:

People need to stop trying to squash the other guys opinion like a bug
and move on to discussing the facts behind the issues that helped form
their opinions and the emotional ties to those opinions. We each may be
"right", but so is the other guy.

Sorry Koz..but while there are shades of gray..there is generally a
right and a wrong. Binary..off or on, it just depends on if its a 7
bit word or a 128 bit word.

The dichotomy between Left and Right politically, is light years in
difference. While there are indeed commonalities may occur, there are
few true grays..and the few there are..are due to compromise. Is the
Constitution a "living document?" Yes? No? Is your mortgage contract
a living document? Yes?/No?
The examples are endless in this political thingy. Now..on the third
hand..we do need the differences to keep a good check and balance
going. However..tis been 40 yrs since we have had a good check and
balance going visa vis left/right and now that liberalism has been
found terribly wanting..the political pendulum is swinging hard to the
right. Not only through normal cyclic behavior..but in disgust as the
apathetic citizen finally wakes up. No one to blame but the Left..

Koz (who is probably going to be accused by some as being "touchy-feely
liberal commie *******")

Not by me. I think you are a nice guy, well meaning, intelligent and
articulate, and enjoyable to discuss things with. You even at times
may make valid points. You are very wrong about a lot of things
politically, not because you are mean or evil or stupid, but because
you put emotion and what Should be to the forefront, where it has no
place being. This simply points out that in some matters, you use
emotion rather than reason. Shrug..tis only natural for some people to
do this. I happen to be one whom can overcome basic emotion and look
at the facts, not run them though my emotional filters first.
If you know me..and many here have visited my home, know that Im a
very compassionate individual. Perhaps to a fault. In my personal and
business life, I compromise every day. But at no time do I compromise
what's right and wrong, or compromise my honor for the sake of my
emotions/comfort/self esteem. Shrug

Respects

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives