Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.components
ian field ian field is offline

Default Electrostatics mistakes, Capacitance independence from dielectric

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

ian field wrote:

wrote in message
Yes. Graham (Eeyore) posted that to bring attention to the earlier
thread.
Also, I think that Topcities is a very small operation, not at all to
be
confused with Geocities, the original host. So, as the page itself has
been
migrated to more than one host, virus intact, I think we can assume
that
the attempt to spread the virus is very deliberate. Geocities have
taken
down the original, and no doubt told 'ansari' why they did so, and
again,
this person is trying to infect people.

Maybe ansari don't have a clue regarding viruses.

I posted word to the guy who registered the Topcities domain, but
haven't
heard word back, nor is that page offline yet.

Clueless webbhotel?

Graham posted in the earlier thread today, and his post shows stuff
that
places 'ansari' in Iran, so there no chance of getting any kind of
action
there, they have bigger problems. So we'll just have to get to his
hosting
base each time.

If the country won't handle abuse properly, there's always the option
promote netblocking of it.

CAUTION!

Can anyone check my reply is clean?

AVG seems to be struggling a bit with this one!!!

Nothing here but I'm sure news needs an attachment to carry a virus.

If your AVG was up to date you were fine.

Graham

AVG updated earlier today - when I scanned after the warning about the
infected link it found the VB virus but halted with an error when I clicked
"heal", and when I clicked "move to virus vault" the PC appeared to lock up!
However the lock up may have been the NiMh's in the wireless mouse giving
out at the most inconvenient time possible!! The scan I've just done reports
clean (fingers crossed!).

Thanks for checking by.