Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Outdoor socket help required

spiralpromo wrote:

Crikey. What a lot of good advice, but you all put the fear of god into
me & I have had someone come & check it out. Our sparkie says, yep- all
great. The earth issue is fine, the RCD is ok, all the wiring etc etc
is exactly as it should be. YIPPEE!!

Jolly good - you did a job and it was proven good, so now you have peace of
mind and confirmed experience

I have light in my outbuilding & I will never touch another cable again
as long as I live. No, honestly I have printed all this off & will read
it properly later.
I agree that sometimes (as long as you have a few brain cells & don't
attempt the impossible) the best way to learn is to give it a go.

I like the following rules, in order of preference:

In order to do a good job, you must:

a) Know how to do it;

b) Know how to find out how to do it (read/ask someone then goto a)

c) Know what you don't know (read/ask someone then goto b)

d) Know that you might not know something vital but don't know what exactly
(ask someone then goto c)

Thanks everyone. I will be certain never to mention the 'P' word again
on here.

You might get away with it, some of us are so happy that HIPs just died,
sort of. Jihad be declared unto all pointless regulations!

Yes, I'm ****ed. Sorry.

Tim