Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default switch-fuse and service-fuse discrimination

Fash wrote:

Realistic overload condition: It's christmas, evening time. The cooker

I think you are overworrying!

I am starting to get over it, particularly whilst racking my brains to
think of more things to turn on to take me past 100A. Particularly

Remember that a 100A cartridge fuse will supply 150A steady for at least
an hour or two without blowing. That ought to deal with any overload
scenario you can imagine.

given that I could probably pull 120A for quite a while without
creating a problem for any of the components.

Which the main fuse will happily supply indefinitely. ;-) (although glad
I am not paying your bill!)

--
Cheers,

John.