Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Drying and storing firewood

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:14:13 -0700, tenplay wrote:

What is the best way to dry and store firewood? I have some freshly cut
firewood in my yard. I was going to dry and store them in large boxes
in my garage. But I just read in a book that it is best to leave them
separate from the house because of possible insect infestation. Also it
recommended stacking the cut firewood off the ground and with nothing
covering the top of the stack. I don't see how the wood is going to
remain dry uncovered in the rainy NW. The author claims that the rain
will not penetrate the wood once it is properly dried. What's your
opinion and experience with firewood? thanks.

Up off the ground, away from the house, and covered on top. Check for
varmints and insects from time-to-time.