Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Problems with air conditioners, etc

In rec.crafts.metalworking Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:39:35 GMT, CJT wrote:
Ignoramus18860 wrote:
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:03:50 GMT, CJT wrote:

The last time I calls a "professional," he proceeded to rip the wires
off all the terminal blocks and then pronounced I'd need a whole new
unit. When I asked him to instead put it back the way he'd found it so
I could get a second opinion, he refused, got in his truck, and drove
away.

Hm, why did he do it?

I assume he hoped I'd buy as he proposed.

Just goes to show you that there are crooks and asshats in every
profession. If you get lucky, they out themselves BEFORE you've
signed any commitments or handed over a big wad of cash.

But the big decision I'd see in the above situation is: Do I call
the local Cops and get him arrested for Vandalism, or the Contractor's
State License Board to cash out his Bond for the damages and get his
ticket pulled? Or both?

call him out somewhere else. maybe he'd get a flat or something.