Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] adder1969@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Another moving a consumer unit question

Hi, I've done a substantial amount of googling on this but I wanted to
get an up-to-date opinion.

I had an old fuse box (with fuses) hidden away under my stairs so I've
moved it into a new coat cupboard nearby. It's a 63A fused supply
which I think is PME or whatever the earthing system is called.

I've put a 100A isolator switch (non-fused) where the old CU was and
added 2 metres of new meter tail type cables from this to the new CU.

My questions a

Does this sound OK? I read conflicting advice as to whether fused or
non-fused switches are needed.

Can I simply extend the 16mm earth cable to the new CU using an earth
block? Can i put the block in the isolator switch box?

Thanks!

Steve