Posted to misc.consumers.house
John Weiss John Weiss is offline

Default Changing over from Electric oven to gas - what are my options?

wrote...
I just bought a house that has an electric oven. I prefer to use gas.
Is it cheaper to tap the gas line on my street or to install a propane
tank?

Overall, natural gas will likely be cheaper than electricity for heating, hot
water, and stove/oven. However, MANY people prefer electric ovens because they
allegedly heat more evenly.

I MUCH prefer a gas stove, but I don't mind the electric oven in my house at
all.

If you have no gas service to your house at all, you'll have to factor in the
initial connection cost. After that, natural gas will be much cheaper,
efficient, and hotter than propane.