Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default Anyone uses portable AC?

"Matthew Reed" nospam at zootal dot com nospam wrote in message
Does yours work well? I have the 10,000 btu model. It is a worthless piece
of junk. It will cool a small closet and that is about all. They have a
fatal design flaw - the high pressure side is cooled with inside air and
then vented to the outside, which results in a constant flow of hot air

into
the room. I'm trying to figure out some way to draw outside air to cool

the
high pressure side, like most a/c units do.

.

Some of them have two hoses. One out, one in. I was in Lowe's the other day,
they had a demo running. Covered the inlet with my hand. Guess what? The
outlet was still blasting. So what the hell is the other hose for? Just for
grins, I put the two hoses together. So the hot air should have entered the
condenser and made it real hot. It didn't.

Al