Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al Big Al is offline

Default extension ladder stabilizer U-bolts

"mm" wrote in message
extension ladder stabilizer U-bolts

I found among the junk I collect from various places an extension
ladder stabilizer, the wide U-shaped thing that makes the top of the
ladder wider, and spans windows.

But no hardware. Yesterday, I went to HDepot and Lowes** for square
U-bolts. Nothing square, nothing big enough. Do you know where I
can get any?? This is not such a big problem

Small trailer axles are square and they use "U" bolts to hold the springs.
Try a trailer parts or real auto parts store. Or, buy some all thread and
make them. Or, buy some plumbers tape, it's a flat strap with holes every
1/2" or so.

Al