Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default no mold Air Conditioner?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:47:49 GMT, "Frank B."
wrote:

"JimL" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:50:08 -0700, Todd and Margo Chester
wrote:

Hi All,

Is there a such thing as an Air Conditioner
that is designed NOT to get moldy. And to never
blow mold into the room? Or, to be easily serviceable
to clean out any build up?

-T

Well, you wouldn't want one if they did exist.

Killing all the mold would also kill all the other organic systems
such as humans and pets. Most likely the chemicals used would kill
by cancer over a period of time, so don't look for a quck and easy
death..

Take one step outside your back door. You have just exposed
yourself to millions of mold spores. The air is full of them. They
exist in the air as you drive to work. Are you wanting to kill all of
them too? Shame on you.

I don't believe in this voodoo crap, but I'll post it so that you can
spend your children's education on it:

http://www.moldinspector.com/uv_air_purifier.htm

I hate to say this but I have mold growing on the blower louvers of my room
A/C. I'm going to clean it one day, I promise!!! And yet I continue to be
healthy. (....but for how long you ask.)

OTOH, I did the laundry Saturday, and then left it out wet, in a pile,
including towels, instead of drying it, in the basement. Didn't
finish the laundry until today, 50% humidity, 90-99 degrees, no AC,
and one would think the old laundry would have mildewed. But it
didn't.