Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default software

in 1304906 20060717 104521 Joe Bemier wrote:

And, I learned that IP add's will change. I was certainly under the
impression thatwith high Speed the IP add stayed the same and only
with DiaUp did a new number get assigned eac session.

I'm on high-speed broadband and my ipaddr has only changed once in the last
four years and that was because of a major hardware upgrade at the ISP.

Anyway, it seems like the SW giants are doing something to know when
and on what machine we install their SW. Symantec and MS lead this
from what I can see.

Which is why I will not run MS software. I run OS/2 and Linux and if I can't get free
(in terms of licence, not cost) software to do what I want then I either write my own
or go without.