Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Achieving a "Concrete wall" look indoors

On 17 Jul 2006 10:49:23 -0700, wrote:

We live in a loft and really like the industrial look of raw concrete
walls. We've got one small wall (drywall/white paint) that is
currently painted (approx 12x12) that we'd like to turn into a
"concrete wall" -- it would serve no purpose other than being
decorative (thus, it does not have to have a particular thickness or
anything, just end up looking like a concrete wall). it is such a
small (seemingly simple) project, we'd like to do it ourselves, however
are having trouble finding DIY tutorials on such a matter. Are there
any products/techniques out there to get this done? We'd preferably
want to find a product/technique that we could apply directly over the
paint. Also, we'd like it to be a certain color (dark grey) and would
like to know if there are any particular "concrete staining" products
that you would reccomend. I dont want to paint over the concrete, but
rather would like to find a product that you can mix right in to the
"concrete mix".

If you want it to look like it was poured and the forms were just
removed, ?? hire an artist? Be an artist? Take pictures of bridge
abuttments and copy them on your wall?