Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bad wood floors

"Louie" wrote in message
news:4a61d27d7a18af1345cd58285d7a93ee@homerepairli ve.com...
I have engineered light oak wood floors. My Male dog has sprayed on many
parts of it. As we started to discover the black stains on the floor we
found out that pet urine penetrates from the bottom up. I have recently
seen a lot of wood floors being painted. Is there a painting process that
I can do to salvage my floors.

Nothing on the top surface is going to solve the problem of urine soaking up
from the leak between the joints and saturation of the wood below. Best
thing to do is remove the flooring, and either put down sheet goods or
remove the dog.