Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Western Red Cedar Grain Problems still!!

wrote:
There is a better way, I will find it eventually.

II

I would think several dips of the lure body into a can of industrial
polyurethane ENAMEL would seal that piece of cedar. Buy a quart can
and dip it , let it dry, then dip it again. Wait a few days, then do
it again.

I am not talking about clear poly like Norm uses; I mean the stuff used
on oil rigs, metal doors, and things of that nature. Benjamin Moore,
and your local Coronado dealer can set you up with some. I am paying
about $11 a quart for mine.

Robert