Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh Lloyd E. Sponenburgh is offline

Default Problems with air conditioner

wrote in message
unit apart. Why NOT change both while you have it apart?

BECAUSE THERE'S ONLY ONE, ASSHOLE !!!!!

Who's the asshole? The compressor doesn't have a cap, too?

You didn't read the posts... someone suggested changing the compressor cap
while he was at it, and I agreed. I know perfectly well how many caps a
PSC motor has.

You must have a serious sense of inadequacy to go calling names instead of
posting constructive answers.

If the shoe fits, I guess. It doesn't take much high-level technical
know-how to get to the point of being able to repair hvac equipment. You
guys had to protect your trade status with all the silly EPA stuff. Now it
costs the serious tinkerer a couple-hundred bucks to go take the EPA
certificate tests so he can accidentally blow Freon into the air just like
you do every day on purpose. (sure, he's GOT a reclaimation station... ask
him if he knows how to turn it onG).

BTW... could YOU scratch-build your own thermistor-based vacuum gauge for
refrigeration work and calibrate it? I did, and I know several HSMs here on
the metalworking group who have the skills. Bet not ONE of you could.
Could you build a diffusion pump? Bet you don't even know what one is.

LLoyd