Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Refrigerator makes water puddles

Ignoramus18860 wrote:

I am in N Illinois. We have a refrigerator in our garage. It is making
water puddles underneath it, which attracts some undesirable
lifeforms. There is no water line coming to the fridge, so the water
much be condensate from the air, either from refrigerant pipes or the
freezer.

How would one approach finding out what is wrong? Any good starting
tips?

thanks

Given that its marking its territory, its probably an automatic defrost
model. The defrost cycle melts the ice that forms in the freezer
section, and the melted water is directed out a drain tube underneath
the unit. Normally, there's a catch pan that contains the water and the
hot air from the fan blowing over the coils evaporates the water.

Either you are missing the catch pan, or its mis-aligned and the water
is running on the floor.

--
Grandpa

What is that dripping from my fingers?