Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
mm mm is offline

Default Problems with air conditioner

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:44:43 GMT, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
wrote:

The only thing I'm confused over concerning this post was the size of the
unit vs its configuration. It's only a one ton unit, but it's a split (not
window unit).

If it's not a window unit, it's a split?? I still don't get what a
split is.

I'm not familiar with your locale, so this may be
geographical bias. But the smallest unit we can buy around here (Florida)
in split configuration is a two-ton.

There's a compressor just like mine in the trash right now. 27 years
old. Should I go to the trouble to take out the condensor, the fan
motor, the "contactor" or anything else? Normally I would just do so,
but it's alreay about 98 degrees and I don't feel like it.