Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Marilyn & Bob Marilyn & Bob is offline

Default Oil vs gas water heating

wrote in message
ups.com...

Marilyn & Bob wrote:
Sorry I left that out. There is no reason to believe that the main
(traction) battery will ever have to be replaced for the lifetime of the
car
in 99.9% of the cases. In any case the battery is warranteed for 8 years
(10 years in CA emission states). Just remember that if you keep your
car
forever, most likely you will have to replace your transmission (more
expensive than a Prius battery) and/or need an engine rebuild. This is
especially true on a Chevy Cobalt, which is not made to last like Toyota
products.
--
Peace,
BobJ

The toyota dealer did admit battery bank has finite lifetime X number
of charge discharge cycles and X overall life in years.

As is often the case, the sales critter had no idea what he is talking
about. Call (or e-mail) Toyota corporate for a better answer. If there was
a real chance that a significant number of the batteries would fail before
something like 12 years/200 miles (and there have been a number of earlier
Prius out there with over 200K miles) they could not warantee the batteries
for a long as they do. (Note that, ofc ourse, the battery does has a finite
life, it just happens to be longer than the useful life of the car).
--
Peace,
BobJ

Despite GMs reputation our cobalt hasnt missed a beat, and is great/ If
all GM products were this good they wouldnt be on the edge of
bankruptcy/

Toyota products are very good but when you need a part they are WAY
overpriced

A lot of people buy new cars every few years, I tend to hold onto them
forever