Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
John John is offline

Default Latex paint waste pour on ground?

Alan Sung wrote:

"John" wrote in message
Our house exterior is being painted with Sherwin Williams latex exterior
paint. Our painters insist on dumping their paint rinsing water etc. on
the ground. I've heard this is not good for the environment and I don't
want to create a toxic waste site in my yard.

Just offer it up for free on Craigslist. There's always someone looking for
some extra paint for a small projects (i.e. bird house builders or
crafters).

To clarify, this is waste from cleaning etc (still a lot of paint) but mixed
with water, paint thinner etc. It is not excess paint still in the original
cans/buckets.