Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Auto repair scam

I've been to Midas a couple times. They have aparently a three level
pricing schedule.

1) Low price over the telephone
2) Reasonable price at time of estimate
3) Increased price when you come back to get the vehicle

Mine was 50-150-300. One other fellow I talked to, it was more like
100-200-1000.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
MIDAS MUFFLER pittsburgh was ripping people like that! I once told the
story to Ron Moore president of Midas. He denied it buty I goit my
refund!

About 3 months later a investigative report at a local tv station
broke
the news.

people who i had told and apparently didnt believe me were stunned.

the best thing that could happen is jiffy lube goes belly up
nationwide.

companies wouldnt pull stuff l;ike tis if those who got caught were
put
out of business.

bridgestone firestone should of gone been put out of business as a
example.

i use my local mechanic or wall mart. cant beat 14 bucks for a oil
change, and they dont try to sell you extra car stuff, they let you
wait by shopping....

I have my own office machine repair business, I DONT pull stuff like
that since I hate it whhen people do it to me!