Owain

Default domestic non-power wiring services

"parish" wrote
| Just going off at a slight tangent, I called in to the large B&Q
| on the outskirts of Newbury yesterday and noticed that they were
| selling made-up CAT5e cables and associated kit (RJ45 wall plates
| etc.). Guess this must mean that home networking has finally
| reached the "man in the street". ;-)

They probably teach it in the schools these days.

Of course, you can forget installing a spur to power the network hub in the
kitchen cupboard in the future unless you're signed up with knicker-ache.

New technology = fashionable
Good old-fashioned trade skills = not fashionable

Says something about our education/government.

Owain