Posted to uk.d-i-y
John B John B is offline

Default Washing machine timer grease

And why not. 1970s?

The machine is a 1975 Keymatic, and is in almost daily use, it's
predecessor, a 1962 Keymatic, I still have.

I've not seen the mechas on those from the inside, but as someone else
said if its non-electrical then any grease will do. If theres electrics
there, use only petroleum grease. Other greases become corrosive when
electricity is applied.

The switch levers in contact with the grease are "live", I have tried
clear silicone grease in the past but it creeps and contaminates the
switch contacts. The original grease is a white dry lubricant/paste,
I have never been able to find anything like it. I thought of trying
some white PTFE spray grease, or a compound containing molybdenum, but
dont know if these are suitable for electrical contact?