Posted to alt.home.repair
cece e. cece e. is offline

Default smoke in lawnmower

I have a question. I'm new to mowing grass. Today I was mowing my lawn
mower and it cut off. I checked the oil and gas. They were both low. So I
added more gas and more oil (type 30) and when I started up my lawn mower
after walking about 2 yards smoke started coming out of the little round
thingy. I guess that is the blower or engine. It has a bunch of holes and
is silver and was really hot. Did I add the wrong oil or is there
something else wrong? I know I put the oil and gas in the right holes. Did
I add too much oil? Can anyone help me? Or is this a problem that I need to
take to a shop? Thanks for your help.