Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Latex paint waste pour on ground?

John wrote in :

Our house exterior is being painted with Sherwin Williams latex
exterior paint. Our painters insist on dumping their paint rinsing
water etc. on the ground. I've heard this is not good for the
environment and I don't want to create a toxic waste site in my yard.
They say it is ok because it is Latex, not Oil paint. Pouring it down
my drain would be equivalent, because of the septic system leach
field.

Who's right?

Brushes, empty pans and accessories I have always just held them out and
shot with the hose. Never hurt anything. Anything with any volume I take
back in a corner and clean. Never hurt anything back there either
actually.

Pouring it down my drain would be
equivalent, because of the septic system leach field.

Not quite. It will trash the septic system before it gets out to any
soil. That is downright stupid to do.