Posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac

Default OT - Honeywell Thermostats (was Boston Central Artery Project: $190M Video System has No Videos of Accident)

mm wrote:
My father used mercury when making fillings for teeth. I think I
expressed interest, or maybe he knew it would be interesting, so he
gave me maybe 4 cubic centimeters of it when I was 6, but I have to
admit, I've never found a use for it (except watching it). I think I
got another 4cc when he died 2 years later.

We used to rub it on pennies to make them "silver". Entertaining for a 6 to
10 year old. We played with it a lot and I'm not brane ded or even sic frum
it.