Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Marilyn & Bob Marilyn & Bob is offline

Default Oil vs gas water heating

The fact is, you have no idea what you are talking about. Consumers Union
did a calculation, which after admitting that they made some wrong
assumptions in thier first article, found that the Prius had a very positive
savings over five years (based on 15K miles driven per year). And that was
before gas went up from $2.50 (their calculation point) to $3.00 a gallon.
More importantly, the carbon (global warming) cost of owning the Prius (say
you bought back your impact on the environment) returned your break even
point to less than 18 months. If you count in the tax benefit (which
because of the tremendous sale of the Prius gets cut in half after
September, 2006), you actually start ahead from the original purchase.

Again it is easy to make statements based on your ideology, but totally
devoid of facts.
--
Peace,
BobJ

wrote in message
oups.com...

I am all for saving energy but big business just looks at bucks of
profits

Profit is not a dirty word. Sometimes you have to spend money to save
money.

Profit is both fine and necessary. But cars like the prius have
negative payback period, Unless your driving 100,000 a year maybe not
even then.

Show me a savings like moving from a 10 MPG vehicle to something
comporable that gets 20 MPG and I am all ears