Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Best way to remove wallpaper?

Reed wrote:
Dawn wrote:
I have two bathrooms with wallpaper and my little steamer works but it's
going to take forever. I know there are chemicals you can put on the paper
to get it off. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best one, or is
there another method? We have one of those scoring things. Thanks for any
help.

Dawn

DIF by Zinsser is a gel that really works well. Let it really soak in,
then paper comes off clean with a putty knife or scraper

Zinssers scoring tool (round with red top) is an excellent tool also.
The more scoring the better, for the gel to really soak in.

--reed

Ditto to Reed's post

DIF by Zinsser is a gel that really works well. Let it really soak in,
then paper comes off clean with a putty knife or scraper

Zinssers scoring tool (round with red top) is an excellent tool also.
The more scoring the better, for the gel to really soak in.

--reed

DIF & the "paper tiger" makes removing wallpaper fun & satisfying in
wierd sort of way

cheers
Bob