Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Reduce color saturation

"TSM" wrote in message
Hello, I want to build a circuit with trimmers to reduce the color
saturation of a signal going to a monitor. The signal is made up of
these wires: R, G, B, Sync, GND.

Do I need some IC? Are there any schematics to look at?

Thank you

--
TSM

You can't really alter the 'saturation' as such, of an RGB signal, once it's
in the outside world, in that format. Reducing saturation implies that at
some point, you could get back to a picture that had no colour in it at all
ie a black and white picture, and that is not possible. All you could do
would be to "pot down" each individual colour component, but the overall
effect of this would be exactly the same as turning down the monitor
contrast control. What exactly is it that you are wanting to do ? What is
the source of your RGB signal ? If it's a computer, most picture
manipulation software, allows for saturation and hue to be adjusted.

Arfa