Posted to misc.consumers.house
Clark W. Griswold, Jr. Clark W. Griswold, Jr. is offline

Default Changing over from Electric oven to gas - what are my options?

wrote:

I've never used an electric oven except once
in college and didn't find it very adequate.

You won't find very many professional kitchens running electric ovens or ranges.

I also notice that it's
much more expensive to run an oven on electric than gas. Is that true?

Gas and oil have been trading places recently in terms of which is cheaper to
run on an equivalent BTU basis. . It used to be that natural gas had a sight
discount to oil, but in the past few years, demand for gas has pushed the price
up over oil a bit.

Now, with crude closing in on $80/bbl gas may be cheaper again. Gas prices also
tend to be a little more stable than oil, but they do follow the same trend
lines.

Electricity has always been way more expensive than either of the other two.
This web site has a comparison down at the bottom of the relative differences in
cost.

http://www.webcom.com/~bi/fuelmonetaryvalues.html

Look at the cost per million BTUs column. What is really interesting is the cost
of wood pellets that some people are so enamored with...