Posted to ne.transportation,misc.transport.road,alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
Elmer Elmer is offline

Default OT - Honeywell Thermostats (was Boston Central Artery Project: $190M Video System has No Videos of Accident)

mm wrote:
On 16 Jul 2006 00:11:12 -0700, "Elmer" wrote:

mm wrote:
My father used mercury when making fillings for teeth. I think I
expressed interest, or maybe he knew it would be interesting, so he
gave me maybe 4 cubic centimeters of it when I was 6, but I have to
admit, I've never found a use for it (except watching it). I think I
got another 4cc when he died 2 years later. I'm 59 now, and have
moved about 6 times, but the mercury has only had to move 4 times in
all these years. I keep saving it for a special occasion. Like
repairing mercury switches, but it was easier to buy another switch,
or use the ones built into car trunk and hood lights.

Is this one of those "Who am I?" riddle questions? It sounds like one
of those puzzlers from the "Car Talk" guys radio program.

You know you're right. I just left out the question, how do you get
the car running again?

I bet it involves chewing gum, huh? ... I know! Use the chewing gum (it
can't be Freedent) to pull a filling out of your mouth. Because it
conducts electricity, the filling can be used to make a fuseable link
by smashing the trunk/hood down on it a few times.The filling gets the
car, (which I would expect to be something like a Mercury Monarch?),
started again, so it can be driven to the nearest dental office for
permanent repairs.

Am I close?

Elmer