Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan HeatMan is offline

Default Both a/c break down at the same time??

"Walter R." wrote in message
news
What is going on? I had 2 air conditioners (Rheem 3t) installed last
October.

Last Friday the first one bit the dust and Saturday the other one failed
completely. How is this possible with independent units??

While the a/c were running, they stopped dead: The fans (separate

circuits)
keep running but the condensers just sit there, dead.

I checked the fuses at the units, I tripped and reset the circuit

breakers,
I waited an hour and tried again, to no avail.

What can cause 2 units to stop working at nearly the same time? Is there
anything I can do before the service people come out on Tuesday? We are
right in a heat wave with temps around 105.

Both at nearly the same time, huh? When you say fans, do you mean the
inside fans?

Hmmmmmmm.

Let's see....

Well........

No, it isn't that.

How about.... No, not that either.

Did you look at ? Not that either.

I'm willing to bet they are 12 SEER units, with a model number of ****-***
JAZ, right?

Not JBZ as the last 3, but JAZ, right?

Head pressure switch. Manual reset because the coils are nasty, filthy
dirty and clogged with all sorts of crap.

Clean your coils and cut the grass back from around the condensers.

Just a thought.