Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Michael Daly Michael Daly is offline

Default Frugal lighting

Bob Adkins wrote:

I use Sylvania and GE, and sometimes they go out within a month. I do have 1
good CF that must be 7-8 years old, but most don't last a year.

Do you live in a rural area? Is it possible that your power has severe
fluctuations? Frequent lightning strikes? Unfortunately, rural power isn't as
clean as urban (as a crude generalization). That could contribute to your short
bulb life.

I use Phillips and 'Globe Energy Savers' (a brand in a big box hardware store)
and get years out of them. I'd say 4-5 years is typical for me and some last
longer.

Mike