Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Bill is offline

Default Extend doorbell to back?

I bought an electronic doorbell which has a speaker like a stereo. It also
has a connection for external speakers.

I have the doorbell (chime) in one location, then wires running to a speaker
upstairs, then wires running to another speaker in my workshop.

So my doorbell rings in 3 separate locations and I can hear it anywhere in
the house. (But then I had the problem of people who would knock instead of
pressing the doorbell button! So I put a sign on my door which says to ring
the doorbell because I can't hear knocking if I am upstairs. That solved
that except for a few people who can't read...)