Posted to alt.home.repair
Frankly Frankly is offline

Default worlds slowest ceiling fan.

"JimL" wrote in message Actually, I have 4 ceiling fans
in my home and none are grounded,
The guy that installed the electric box in the ceiling only used 2
conductor wire (black and white). I tied into that - white to white
and black to black.

When I wired up the fans, I just wired the green ground wire on the
fans to the small screw on the electric box in the ceiling. Maybe
someday I will run a ground wire from the boxes to the circuit breaker
box, but the fans work fine without one.

You don't need the ground wire connected to anything to make your
fans work.

Hello Jim:

when i called the first time to hunter tech i was told it was the reciever
and a new one is being sent.
i recieved it the other day and that one looks like the one used in the
manual.
i am begining to think that the tech lied or wasnt honest when they said i
had the "newer" reciever.
i just think they didnt want to take the chance that i would look to return
it if i knew i had an older reciever. this one looks newer to my newbie
eye and does not have the red or white neutral in wire.
right now 1 fan was installed flush and i will be dropping it down a bit.
while doing that i could just change the reciever. not sure what i will do
but will look to see if there was any kind of recall.

Frank