Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default ground wire extension (anti-static ground)

"toronado455" wrote in message
oups.com...
If I want to make an extension for my ground wire (which I use with for
anti-static grounding purposes) what type of wire do I need to use? I
don't know what the gauge or type of wire that is used in the ground
wire (no markings on wire) but it is the standard ground wire that
comes with an anti-static mat with snap-on connector.

Use any wire you have. The smallest guage you have will be big enough
electrically. An anit-static strap or mat will have a very large value
resistor (around 1 meg) between the strap and the end of the wire. You
probably should use insulated wire just in case it comes into contact with a
live circuit.