Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz Tim Schwartz is offline

Default Tuner problem on Sansui receiver

Zeljko wrote:
In article ,
says...

I know that it is hard to fix tuner section without scope, but I don?t
have it, so if someone can help me without using scope, this would be
fine.

As you probably seen, it is tuner of old Sansui G8000 receiver.

Regards!

Zeljko,

I have to agree with JANA that an alignment is absolutely necessary.
As soon as you replace the FET, or even remove and reinstall the old one
you will need to realign at least the front end. Even moving the
position of parts in the front end can effect the alignment drastically.
In general, replacing parts in the front end, unless you know that
they are defective, causing a problem and must be replaced is a bad idea.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics